Life Science Products – Job Opportunties
Life Science Products, Inc. (LSP), an employee-owned company has been providing interior Wall, Floor, Ceiling, Door and Wall Protection products to the Medical Science and Technology Research Field for over 45 years. Our proven solutions are used by the most highly respected Government, Private and Public Medical Research Institutions in the U.S. and Canada. Recently, our products have also been used in critical healthcare areas such as Imaging, Sterile Processing and Operating Rooms.
Laborer I & II
Life Science Products, Inc. (LSP), an employee-owned company, has been providing interior Wall, Floor, Ceiling, Door and Wall Protection products to the Medical Science and Technology Research Field for over 40 years. Our proven solutions are used by the most highly respected Government, Private and Public Medical Research Institutions in the U.S. and Canada. LSP also offers a full range of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for lab research personnel. We are currently seeking laborers for our specialty flooring crew. This position will report to the Director of Construction Services and job foreman on site, and perform manual tasks and utilize power equipment for commercial interior finishing of floors. This position may from time to time perform interior work installing walls, doors, rails and/or ceilings. As directed by the job foreman this position will complete duties such as protecting the area, preparing the area for system installation, preparing material for use and providing housekeeping during projects.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate required power equipment in a safe manner, including but not limited to: floor sanders, grinders, sandblasters, jackhammers, shot blasters, terrazzo grinders, strip deck, air ratchets, etc.
- Understands safety requirements of job. Can read and apply MSDS. Performs tasks with correct PPE and in a safe manner.
- Assist with demolition as directed.
- Protect the job area by installing temporary partitions, plastic, masking as directed, and provide housekeeping duties for each job assigned.
- Provide quality manual labor including but not limited to: sweeping, vacuuming, hand sanding, and hand stoning according to procedures as trained and within required efficiency.
- Mix various flooring material requiring accurate measurements by volume and/or weight. Maintains accurate mixing records and batch numbers.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of material use and personal time record. Required to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Work as an integral team member towards efficient project completion. Responsible for company issued equipment and reporting damaged or unsafe equipment to supervisor. Follow company policy and safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned. Position as the potential to learn systems to progress to craftsman if basic installation techniques are mastered.
III. Skilled Requirements:
- High School graduate or GED for math, reading and writing skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a standard insurable Motor Vehicle report.
- Able to work in construction conditions that can be dusty, noisy and have temperatures that are not mechanically controlled.
- Able to lift 80 pounds on a repetitive basis Time management skills.
- Able to climb and work at heights up to 10 feet and able to kneel for extended periods.
IV. Work Hours and Traveling:
Normal work days are Monday through Friday and some weekends required. Traveling requirements depend upon job assignment and can be extensive. If traveling out of town LSP pays for all overnight accommodations and provides a daily cash per diem for every night out of town. For local assignments, must be able to have transportation to the main meeting location, or if reporting directly to the job site you must be able to travel to various job sites in one day if required. Flexibility required allowing for extended work days as the job may require.
Career Opportunity with Competitive Pay and Incentives. Benefits include Medical, Life, Optional Dental, Vacation, company provided ESOP contribution, and 401K.
More than products, we are your solution
Why Choose Us
Life Science Products Inc. (LSP) has been developing solutions for high-performance architectural finishes for 47 years. LSP's unique Integrated envelope approach has focused on the life science, healthcare, and biotech markets. Our distinctive, sustainable, solutions-based approach provides any client with high-performance options, including; floors, walls, doors, and ceilings. LSP is also the industry leader in finished goods products, PPE Apparel, PPE Safety, and Lab supplies. In addition, LSP is constantly adding new products to meet its clients' demands, ensuring these finished goods are always in stock and ready for delivery.
Get in Touch with Life Science Products
Fill out this form, and we'll respond to your inquiry.